Sunday, August 22, 2010

Walk with me in private

Disclaimer: Inspired by Belle and Sebastian's Piazza, New York Catcher

Walk with me in private and tell me of secrets small
The tiny little things that make us blush and laugh and scorn
Come with me my love and let us walk along the way
The territory is well known but not since yesterday
Let's check that nothing has changed


Oh the sun is shining bright like on a thousand summer's days
The road leads to the shop since 1958
My hair is somewhat longer than I've ever worn before
And your smile is somehow brighter than any other morning


I'm not asking for something new I just want another day
To add to my memories of all those yesterdays
Just another day of the dear old same old thing
Another song to sing along oh come and let us sing
About the movie that we saw although we never really watched
The day our path was crossed by a fox
The shoes you bought for 20 bucks that were worth rather more
The cake I baked that looked so sweet but fell upon the floor


Oh sing with me the same old song
And live with me another day
And let all of our days before us be the same


The neighbour's fire is smoking and the leaves are on the path
I worry if this day is gonna last
The letter box is empty but my inbox is full
I wonder if I'm acting like a fool
The car is rather dirty I should take it for a clean
I hope that what you say is what you mean
My heart is feeling far too full to last for very long
I pray that you'll remember this old song
And sing it to me one day when I'm gone

No comments: