Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I love an aussie summer

I love an Aussie summer like the sailor loves the sea.
Its endless shades of colour are a source of joy to me.
The many shades of brown against a constant blue
The nightly flame of sunset tinges all an orange hue
Although I see it a thousand times and a thousand times beside
In any other country I'll ne'er be satisfied

I love an Aussie summer like the sailor fears the sea
I respect her fiercest love and I love her ferocity
With scorching sun or relentless rain
With horrible heat or friendless flame
She drains me dry and saps my energy
Yet no other way would I quite have her be

I love an Aussie sky like the sailor loves the sea
The unflagging blues of summer I nowhere else have seen
On any given day a thousand emotions spark
At the sight I see above me from sunrise til after dark
With awe and fear and wonder, with dispair, distress and hope
The skies are nowhere bluer than when I am at home

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Your beautiful Aussie summer is going to be missed when you come to New York for the turn of the year. But we love our Aussie girl as you love your Aussie summer so I appreciate the sacrifice you're going to make!